Tuesday 30 November 2010

The Invisible Woman

Oh boy.

Non-naturalistic theatre. It's doing my head in.

But this time I may have cracked it. It's what we, here, (yes us commoners), affectionately know as art-wank.

So, here we go. No props. No stage directions. No stage furniture. No sound effects (all banned). If I produce an acceptable piece of art-wank - I mean non-naturalistic theatre - then I may progress up the ladder and wear the badge of the visible student.

But more likely I will go down in history as the one who is neither confrontational or weird enough to be noticed in class.

I am the invisible woman. Which has it's advantages. For instance, I will no longer need to deliberate over what undies I wear (hmmm big black pants or black big pants?), or fret that I have the kids' breakfast down my front. And nobody will be able to tell me I need a haircut.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure these are your people?

    Mind you - don't stop now - it's great material.

    Looking forward to the critics review of the 'show' - sorry ... 'piece'..? What units of reference do we use for ArtWank? I'm a little rusty.

    ReplyDelete