Sunday 24 October 2010

Progress Report

Ongoing homework: write a 2000-word short story (due end Nov)
write a poem of 20 lines (due Thurs next wk)
write a 1200-word first chapter of a novel (due Jan 2011)
read Margaret Attwood's book, The Handmaid's Tale (due Jan 2011)


Most difficult thing I've done this week: try to hate the Margaret Attwood book 'The Handmaids Tale'. I tried and tried. But it was really really really good. I shrivelled for nearly 2 hours in the bath so I could finish it.

Most progress made this week: someone is going to lend me Jane Austen DVDs so I don't have to read the books. Hallelujah!

Least progress made this week: the poem I've written for next week. Am completely rewriting it and - like the time I decided to sort the loft out - it's looking a lot worse than when I started tinkering with it.

Best displacement activity to avoid doing any writing: posting on both my blogs.

Help needed most: Any ideas for a first chapter of a novel? I had this urge to write about cheese, but I don't think I could squeeze a chapter out of it.


In the meantime, check out these great alternative ideas for xmas...
http://notwavingbutironing.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/place-your-christmas-orders-for-my-novelty-aprons/

No comments:

Post a Comment